Source : Agnez Mo / Instagram Agnez Mo. ©2019 Merdeka.com
My blood red, white my bones
Unite in your spirit
My heart beats, my pulse
Unite in my dreams
Shining orange rainbow
(Kebyar Kebyar : Gombloh)
A video clip of International singer Agnez Mo's interview with Build Series by Yahoo go viral on social media, there are pros and cons to the statement which does not recognize Indonesian blood.
Agnez mentioned “Actually I have no Indonesian blood at all. I am actually of German descent, Japan, China, I was only born in Indonesia. And I am also a Christian where in the majority of Muslims are Muslims,”
Based on this statement then ignited Netizen comments, some even say Agnez Mo is "a peanut that forgets its skin", bahkan sampai mempertanyakan nasionalisme yang dimiliki oleh artis yang baru saja mengeluarkan single terbarunya “Nanana”.
Agnez Mo himself finally clarified his statement which was misinterpreted and understood differently by most Netizens,
In the upload of his Instagram account "which I said all (means) well, that even though I am a MINORITY I can share the extraordinary diversity that I have learned in my country. And I can share it in all my interviews (national and international), I can't choose my blood or DNA, but I will always defend my country, I always do it, and taka da person who took this from me " (@agnezmo, 27/11/2019).
Understanding Nationalism itself according to the Big Indonesian Dictionary is (1) understand (teachings) to love one's own nation and country; nationality. (2) Awareness of membership in a nation that has the potential or actual together to achieve, maintain and perpetuate identity, integrity, the prosperity and strength of the nation; national spirit.
Then based on genetic research, Professor of Molecular Biology from the Eijman Institute, Herawati Supolo Sudoyo who have done the construction of 50.000 years of movement of the archipelago's human population by involving 70 ethnic population of 12 the island using DNA markers conveys that there are no pure genes in the archipelago, Indonesian humans are a mixture of diverse genetics that originally originated in Africa.
Then nationalism then becomes narrow when it is directly related to Indonesia's "blood", not that Indonesia is a country built on the diversity of nations, race and class ?
Freedom of opinion through social media makes our netizens feel that they are right or most nationalist, still remember us all, when the majority of public netizens reacted violently and even bullied his social media, Andry Syahputra, footballers from Aceh who had refused to participate in the U national team selection 19 Indonesia in March 2017 ago.
It is this narrow understanding of nationalism which has also angered Anggun, Graceful who has transferred French citizenship, It is a pity that many of Indonesian citizens are trapped in the meaning of narrow nationalism.
Anggun states that the meaning of Nationalism is essentially in language, and as that person can devote or give back his country.
Regarding own citizenship status, Here are some points we need to know together about citizenship status.
Secara umum penentuan kewarganegaraan memperhatikan asas-asas kewarganegaraan umum atau universal, that is :
- Basic the right of blood (law of the blood) is the basis that determines a person's citizenship based on descent, not by country of birth.
- Asas law alone (law of the soil) it is a principle that determines a person's citizenship based on the country of birth.
- The basis of single citizenship is the basis that determines one nationality for each person.
- The basis of limited dual citizenship is the basis that determines the dual citizenship of children.
Citizenship law, Indonesia tidak menganut penentuan kewarganegaraan didasarkan pada di mana seseorang lahir atau only right.
Indonesia merupakan negara penganut penentuan kewarganegaraan didasarkan pada keturunan orang tua atau the right of blood.
Indonesian national law basically does not recognize dual citizenship (bipatride) or without citizenship (stateless), Double citizenship granted to a child in Law- This law is an exception.
Speaking of Citizens, of course there are several legal rules in Indonesia related to citizenship, as in Law Number 12 Year 2006 concerning Citizenship of the Republic of Indonesia.
In Chapter II of the article 4 – 7 mentioned about who is an Indonesian citizen.
Terkait dengan cara memperoleh kewarganegaraan Indonesia bagi negara asing diperbolehkan undang undang dengan cara :
- Becoming a Citizen by means of Citizenship.
- Obtain Indonesian Citizenship through an application known as "Naturalization"
- Become an Indonesian citizen by submitting a Statement.
- Foreigners get the privilege of having a legal marriage with Indonesian citizens provided they have lived in Indonesia at least 5 consecutive years or 10 consecutive years, and citizenship is not granted if it will give rise to dual citizenship.
- Become an Indonesian citizen by registering.
- Becoming an Indonesian citizen because of the Government of Indonesia's gift.
- The government is taking the initiative to grant Indonesian citizenship to foreigners who have served the country in the sense of outstanding achievement in the field of humanity, science and technology, culture, living environment, and sports.
- This citizenship was granted by the President after obtaining consideration from the Indonesian Parliament.
- It naturally becomes an Indonesian citizen with the provisions of the Law.
From the case study above, we can conclude that Nationalism was not built from the "blood" of Indonesia or Indonesian citizenship.
Not having Indonesian blood does not mean the fading of Nationalism, not having an Indonesian passport does not mean not Nationalism.
Nationalism is built from our devotion to the nation and state, continue to work for the change of nation and country, continue to take part for our beloved homeland without the need to get caught up in a narrow understanding.
Round, 27 November 2019.